Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Girl with a Magical Wand

In fond remembrance of an amazing evening where the feelings of joy and amazement clashed continuously with that of self-evaluation and salvation. Never had I seen someone as versatile and enthusiastic as the girl being referenced. Her effortless switching between roles which were poles apart made me think of my own limitations and moreover taught me the that versatility remains one of the most amazing part of any individual's prolific profile (yes, all you management freaks are thinking of the SP Jain forms, I know).

She was the perfect host at the party, ensuring that the arrangements and people at the party are not as per her convenience, but chosen in a manner that the person for whom the party was thrown gets overwhelmed by finding people she never expected could land under a single roof.

But this was just the the breeze before the gale. The entire group of hers, along with her, danced to the amazement of those who had never seen them dancing before. For me, it was one of the most spectacular live performance. The fun, the spirit, the eagerness to dance, the enthusiasm upon hearing every beat was unmatched. Needless to say, she was as enthusiastic and as amazing as the entire group.

But the biggest surprise was yet to be unveiled. With the entire city of rats running madly in our tummies demanding tons of food, what she cooked could best be described as "awesome". Being the person who would have never had Nachos after a string of bad experiences at all the major restaurants that Pune has to offer; I ate, that night, the most amazing 'Fusion Nachos' of my life. And before I could recover, I dug my teeth into a spoonful of what was the most stunning looking and most delicious tasting Pasta of my life. Oh Lord! I am still salivating, when I even describe it. Absolutely out of the world! If all this wasn't magic, what was it?

But all the while I could hardly see her taking a dig at what had made others go running for spoons and I am sure after she reads this (if she ever does), we shall, all of those present there on that day, for once sit together and enjoy that creamy Pasta with her fighting for a bite like everyone else.

Time to unveil Dhara, the Girl with a Magical Wand. Thank you for an amazing evening.


10 comments:

Ankita Agarwal said...

WOW!!!!!!!!

coreblogger said...

Ok, I have to let go the fact that it was Ankita's B'day Party after she posted that big WOW!!!

Unknown said...

seriously wow!!
im so touched man..(sniff!)
thanks so much :)
its great to seem to have made such an impact..

coreblogger said...

@Dhara; thank you for the most amazing nachos we would have ever had.

Anonymous said...

nice one rajeev.... quite a suspense till the end.....
dev

Unknown said...

@rajeev..
anytime :)

Unknown said...

Dhara Ms. Master chef Pune! :]
Muaahh... Love you so very much... Indeed a gurl with the magic wand...

Unknown said...

Wish I could write as beautifully as u Rajeev, amazing skills u hav got. Keep it up.

@ Dhara, if i were able to, my words for ur cooking skills (and our friendship) would not have been anything less than what Mr R has described here. I so much envy every single soul present that day for having tasted ur culinary skills and ofcourse for having a chance to dance with our amazin group.

Cheers to both of u! Bravo!

-Bomb

Sneha said...

Quite expected from her!!! She is no less.... Love u dhara.. God bless... N love the person who wrote this :)

coreblogger said...

Thanks Sneha, Prashant and Ziniya (in the reverse order) for applauding Dhara's big and my small effort.